Monday, October 28, 2013

Imran Khan

Dad ! Do you know Imran Khan?


Oh, yes I do, but he does not know me.

Same here I too know him, but he does not know me. My daughter replied, she has carried my genes for being witty.

Thankfully I don’t have to tell her a joke and explain it too. Two of us chug along nicely.

So what’s this Imran Khan business?

He is so good looking. My friend, showed me his pictures, he is just a lady killer.

I realized, my daughter is growing up fast and I am ageing equally rapidly.

Oh yes, I always envied that guy.

Why dad, he is not even your age? There she goes, when daughters start reminding you of age, it is time to retire.

See that’s the problem. He is not even my age but garners more than fair share of attention from girls (not ladies) of my age.

I have become a fan of his.

I am a fan of his, long before you even knew his name.

Wow. I never knew you were into movies? Which one of his movies you saw?

What movies are you talking about? I never knew that he made movies? I know his ex-wife is going around with some actor, but Imran in movies? I never heard of that.

Oh c’mon dad. What else he can do, he comes with film background, and he acts in movies. I thought he is still married did not know he was separated. Are you sure you are talking about Imran?

Oh yes I am dead sure, are you?

How can I forget the ’82 India Pakistan cricket test series? Imran takes 42 wickets, Amarnath becomes best no.3 in the world.
Do you think I have grown so old, to forget it?

Dad Imran was probably not even born in 1982. He is nephew of Amir Khan, he acts in movies.

That settles it. We cannot go on any further. 1982 just seems the other day to me, but in her radar its closer to Sepoy Mutiny.

I am growing old and she is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment